If you had asked me 6 years ago where I would be in life, I can guarantee you that I would not have said living in my hometown, married, with a baby. I may have said living in a big city, knee deep in a challenging career, traveling anywhere I wanted whenever I pleased. As I wake during the night with my child, kiss my husband when he comes home from work, and spend my days making a home, I am constantly reminded of how we make our plans, but the Lord directs our steps. I am so grateful to have a hobby turned job to always allow me a creative outlet and time to do something I am uniquely gifted to do. Photography has always been part of my life but in this season of new marriage and parenthood and constant change, I am more grateful for it than ever! I am excited to get to know you and share in your big day!
• My husband and I are complete polar opposites in almost all ways and we balance each other so well.
• My favorite part of a wedding day to capture are the few moments right before the bride walks down the aisle; it’s the one of the only parts of the day that she’s completely unaware of my presence and is 100% genuine.
• I’ve had insomnia for the greater portion of my life so having a baby was a breeze.
• When I visited Wellington, New Zealand, I loved it so much that I was convinced I would never be happy living anywhere else.
• I tend to really dislike color. Neutrals forever!
• I learned photography in 7th grade when my mom bought a fancy camera without a clue of how to use it so she asked me to help!
• I always forget something important when I go to the grocery store.
• I could eat mashed potatoes for every meal. It’s the Amish in me.
• I’m the most stereotypical obsessed momma. I think my one-year-old Nora June is the cutest, sweetest babe on the planet!
• I fall asleep at night excited about my morning cup of coffee.